Brussels, Nov 2003
An international conference offering the opportunity to exchange views on emerging and future trends and needs in advanced manufacturing will take place in Cernobbio, Italy, from 17 to 19 May 2004.
The IMS Forum 2004 will be supported by the 'information society technologies' (IST) and 'nanotechnologies and nanosciences, knowledge-based multifunctional materials, and new production processes and devices' (NMP) thematic priorities of the Sixth Framework Programme.
The forum will address manufacturing at large, and topics for discussion will include:
- sustainable design, products and manufacturing processes;
- collaborative extended enterprise, supply change management;
- modelling and simulation, virtual engineering, digital factories;
- development and industrial applications of nanotechnologies and biotechnologies;
- innovation management in manufacturing technology;
- intelligent devices, robots, machines, processes for intelligent manufacturing systems;
- human aspects in manufacturing.
A call for papers is currently open.