Brussels, 18 Jul 2003
The promotion of women in industrial research will be the subject of an international conference to be held on 10 and 11 October in Berlin, Germany.
The European Commission and the German ministry of education and research are organising the event, and will present the results of a European study entitled 'women in industrial research: a wake up call for European industry'.
The overall goal of the conference is to prepare and develop possible concerted actions to promote women's participation in industrial research. Main topics for discussion will be:
- young scientists: how to motivate more young women for careers in industrial research;
- careers for women in industrial research and good practices for companies;
- enhancing the participation of women in innovation and entrepreneurship;
- improving the knowledge base on women in industrial research;
- top women in industrial research: the relevance of role models, networking, mentoring.
The conference is aimed at researchers from all sections of industry and universities, industrialists, and policy makers.
For further information, please consult the following web address: