Brussels, 14 May 2004
The International Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry (IUPAC) is organising a conference on 'Chemistry for Water: Towards water for all mankind in the 21st century', to take place in Paris, France, from 21 to 23 June.
The event will bring together chemical industry and water professionals, as well as politicians, governments, universities, worldwide organisations and non-governmental organisations, to discuss the need for a new global policy on water in the context of sustainable human development.
The use and development of the necessary technologies to achieve this objective will also be discussed. Those technologies include:
- water analysis and quality control;
- water treatment appropriate to its future use;
- supply and distribution;
- water recycling;
- treatment of polluted soil and water.
The focus of the conference will be on two main points:
- building bridges between the scientific, academic and industrial world with society at large;
- establishing the infrastructure to manage news and distribute information of scientific and technical advances in an effective manner.
For more information, please