Brussels, 10 Mar 2003
The international association for the promotion of cooperation with scientists from the New Independent States (NIS) of the former Soviet Union (INTAS) has launched a series of calls, making available 25.2 million euro for international scientific research.
The calls are as follows:
- Open call for proposals for research projects and networks related to all scientific fields in both fundamental and applied science;
- Belarus call for proposals in all areas of science. Research teams must include at least one Belarussian partner.
- CERN call for proposals related to the physics and engineering of the Large Hadron Collider at CERN (European organisation for nuclear research);
- Call for proposals in the field of spacecraft research and technology at CNES (the French national centre for space studies);
- GSI call for proposals related to the development of accelerators or experiments for the new international accelerator facility for means of ions and antiprotons at GSI (society for heavy ion research).
In all cases the deadline for submission is 13 June 2003.
INTAS has also published calls for young NIS scientist fellowships, for which 2.5 million euro is earmarked, and innovation grants, for which 500,000 euro is available. Applications for the grants must be received by 11 July 2003.
For further information, please visit:
Remarks: Proposers are invited to consult the full text of the calls at the INTAS website before submitting proposals.