Indian academics are to have their pay and conditions reviewed.
The Government's University Grants Committee has appointed a panel to review pay scales and look at whether earlier recommendations on pay and conditions have been implemented.
It will suggest changes to the current system of conditions and benefits, including pensions, medical care and housing, and also look at ways to attract and keep talented people.
The panel includes government advisers as well as Shri Sudeep Banerjee, chancellor of the National University for Educational Planning and Administration, and Manimala Das, principal of Bethune College.
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber?Sign in now