Brussels, 05 Feb 2004
An international conference on increasing human resources for science and technology (S&T) in Europe will take place in Brussels, Belgium on 2 April.
As part of the European Commission's strategy to address the Lisbon and Barcelona goals, an independent high level group on human resources for S&T was established in 2003. The purpose of the conference is to present the provisional findings and recommendations of the group, and to discuss the conclusions.
EU Research Commissioner Philippe Busquin will attend the conference, which will address the following topics:
- the need for increasing human resources for the scientific and technological development of the EU;
- demand and supply in the science, engineering and technology labour market;
- career perspectives in S&T;
- higher education and research training;
- schooling in science, engineering and technology;
- the social and cultural context of recruitment to S&T careers.
For further information, please consult the following web address: