Brussels, 21 Jun 2006
The UK National Contact Point will organise a conference on the Seventh Framework Programme (FP7), with a specific focus on information and communication technologies (ICT), on 18 July in London.
The event will provide an early opportunity to gain an understanding of the current status of FP7 in the ICT context and the crucial differences which are emerging between it and FP6.
Participants will have opportunities to network and speak directly with representatives from Information Society and Media DG, the Department of Trade and Industry (DTI) and the UK National Contact Point, who will share their current knowledge of the evolution of the FP7.
Specific subjects covered are:
- the European and National development of the FP7;
- the development strategy and achievements within the new ICT theme;
- the initial ICT Work Programme draft;
- development of new rules for participation;
- networking opportunities and the way forward.