Brussels, 10 Dec 2002
6 December 2002
Subject: Proposal for a Decision of the European Parliament and of the Council concerning the production and development of Community statistics on science and technology - Adoption of the Common Position
On August 2001 the Commission submitted the proposal1 for a draft Decision of the European Parliament and of the Council concerning the production and development of Community statistics on science and technology, based on Art. 285 EC.
On 2 July 2002 the European Parliament gave its Opinion2.
On 7 October 2002 the Commission submitted a modified proposal3, incorporating all European Parliament amendments except amendement number 3, on cooperation with the Helsinki Group .
1 Doc. 11750/02 RECH 106 ATO 71 FIN 291 CODEC 865, COM (2001)490 final.
2 Doc. A5-0236/2002 of 18 June 2002.
3 Doc. COM (2002) 584 final.
The draft Common Position incorporates all European Parliament amendments at 1st reading, except amendment number 3, and some additional changes.
The Permanent Representatives Committee is invited to suggest that the Council:
in part "A" of the agenda of one of its forthcoming meetings, adopts:
- the Common Position1; in accordance with Article 251 (2) EC ;
- the Statement of the Council's Reasons, as set out in doc. 14089/02 ECO 338 RECH 173 ATO 133 FIN 451 CODEC 1409 ADD 1
1 The consolidated text, reviewed by the Legal/linguistic experts, is set out in doc. 14089/02 ECO 338 RECH 173 ATO 133 FIN 451 CODEC 1409.
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber?Sign in now