Brussels, 02 Dec 2004
No. Cion prop.: 14106/04 EEE 92 AVIATION 190 TELECOM 157 RECH 204 N 34 ISL 32 FL 42
Subject: Draft Decision of the EEA Joint Committee amending Protocol 31 to the Agreement on cooperation in specific fields outside the four freedoms
1. The Commission submitted the above draft Decision of the EEA Joint Committee for approval by the Council on 5 November 2004.
2. In order to ensure the requisite legal security and homogeneity of the Internal Market, the EEA Joint Committee is to integrate all the relevant Community legislation into the European Economic Area Agreement as soon as possible after its adoption.
3. The attached draft Decision of the EEA Joint Committee aims to modify Protocol 31, with the objective of having the Contracting Parties encourage appropriate co-operation between the competent organizations, institutions and other bodies in their respective territories where it would contribute to the strengthening and broadening of co-operation in matters covered by the activities of the Galileo Joint Undertaking as set up in Council Regulation (EC) No 876/2002 of 21 May 20021.
4. Article 1(3)(a) of Council Regulation (EC) No 2894/94 concerning the arrangements for implementing the European Economic Area Agreement2 envisages that the Council establishes the Community position for decisions extending Community legislation with substantial changes.
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber? Sign in now