Brussels, 18 Oct 2002
16 October 2002
"I/A" ITEM NOTE From: General Secretariat To: Permanent Representatives' Committee/Council Subject: Adoption of a Regulation of the Council concerning the rules for the participation of undertakings, research centres and universities in the implementation of the sixth framework programme of the European Atomic Energy Community (Euratom) (2002-2006)
1. The Commission submitted its original proposal to the Council on 6 December 20011. An amended proposal was submitted on 17 January 20022.
2. The European Parliament was consulted and adopted its opinion on 3 July 20023.
3. The Economic and Social Committee adopted its opinion on 18 July 20024.
4. After reviewing the text in the light of the EC Rules for participation5 and the opinion of the European Parliament, the Joint Working Party reached agreement on the text of the Euratom Regulation and informed the Committee accordingly.
5. It is suggested, therefore, that the Permanent Representatives Committee recommends that the Council, under the "A" items of a forthcoming session: - adopt the Regulation concerning the Rules for participation (Euratom) contained in doc. 11549/02 RECH 142 ATO 105, as revised by the legal/linguist experts6; - publish the Regulation in the Official Journal.
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber?Sign in now