Brussels, 14 Apr 2006
"I/A" ITEM NOTE From: General Secretariat of the Council To: Permanent Representatives Committee/Council No. Cion prop.: 11526/05 RECH 162 ATO 76 AELE 17 CH - COM(2005) 333 final Subject: Adoption of a Decision of the Council and of the Commission on the conclusion on behalf of the European Community and the
European Atomic Energy Community of the Agreement on Scientific and Technological Cooperation between the European Communities of the one part and the Swiss Confederation of the other part
Consultation deadline for Bulgaria and Romania: 20/04/2006
1. On 25 July 2005, the Commission submitted its proposal for the above Decision with a view to concluding the EC-Switzerland Scientific and Technological Cooperation Agreement.
2. Following the Decision of 22 December 2003, this Agreement was signed on 16 January 2004 and has been provisionally applied from 1 January 2004 in accordance with Article 14(2) of the Agreement1.
3. Following consultation with the European Parliament, a favourable opinion was delivered on 13 December 2005.
4. The Research and Joint Research/Atomic Questions Working Parties have reached agreement on the conclusion of this Agreement.
5. It is suggested, therefore, that the Permanent Representatives Committee recommend that the Council adopt, as an "A" item, the Decision concerning the conclusion of this Agreement as finalised by the legal linguists and set out in document 7911/06 RECH 81 ATO 37 AELE 1 CH 21 OC 246.
[Public Info Net automatically generates links to Council Register documents where an appropriately formatted document number is given. However, the document may not be available for public use and/or it may not be loaded on the Council Register yet.]