THE OXFORD Centre for Islamic Studies plans to build a new college in western and Islamic styles to house about 48 fellows, scholarship students and visiting academics, by the year 2000. Sited next to Magdalen deer park, it will include two small quadrangles, a library, dining hall, lecture theatre, residential accommodation and a prayer room. Global backers include King Fahd of Saudi Arabia.
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber?Sign in now