The Peninsula Medical School, a joint venture between Exeter and Plymouth universities, will put extra pressure on Plymouth's overstretched Derriford Hospital, said local MP Linda Gilroy.
Although pleased that the school would bring £30 million to the region, she told the House of Commons that the hospital needs more investment.
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber?Sign in now