After more than five decades of praying for it - literally - King's College London has finally acquired the east wing of Somerset House.
The university will move into the historic building as part of the redevelopment of its Strand campus.
King's has coveted the site for years. Sir Peter Noble, principal from 1952 to 1968, rewrote the end of the college grace to say: "God preserve the Church, the Queen and King's College, and grant us Somerset House for evermore, Amen."
The King's College School of Law will occupy the upper two floors of the wing. The university hopes that its new base will provide an opportunity to link the worlds of higher education and the arts by creating a "cultural hub" in the centre of London.