New-media company Epic this week won the contract to set up and run an internet portal that aims to be the first stop for people seeking information on British higher education and research.
Epic will design, launch and operate the service, called Hero (for higher education research opportunities). The company also trains webmasters at the Department for Education and Employment and has developed websites for the Foreign and Commonwealth Office.
Hero, due to launch in autumn, is funded by the funding councils, research councils and representative groups from the sector.
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber?Sign in now