HUNDREDS of students who fail to make the grade this year will put their trust in an educational consultancy charging Pounds 130 an hour.
Gabbitas Educational Consultants is expecting to hear from hundreds of disappointed students this week. Wendy Fidler, a director, said: "They pay for a very high level of personal attention."
Callers are given a free guide to the clearing system. And if students decide to retake their A-level exams, Gabbitas offers a free service that identifies a choice of independent colleges most suited to their needs. Some of these colleges pay Gabbitas a fee.
A team of educational consultants - teachers, careers advisors, academics and parents - offers a one-to-one service. Charges run from a 20-minute telephone consultation for Pounds 50 to a half-day consultation for Pounds 235.
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber?Sign in now