One in ten students does not go to see a health professional when they need to because they are worried about the likely cost of the visit, according to the biggest-ever survey by the National Union of Students. The NUS said that 79 per cent of students were not accessing the help with healthcare costs that they were entitled to, largely because of the bureaucratic hurdles they faced. The NUS is campaigning for full exemption from healthcare costs for full and part-time students across the UK.
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber?Sign in now