Scientists and policy-makers will this week to discuss whether terrorists could use the results of life-science research to engineer deadly viruses. The summit, "Do No Harm: Reducing the Potential for the Misuse of Life Science Research", will be hosted by the Royal Society and the Wellcome Trust. It aims to identify what measures can be taken to manage the risk of misuse, without jeopardising the potential benefits from research advances.
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber?Sign in now