Brussels, 16 Dec 2002
In the activities for assessment, monitoring and evaluation of COST Actions, the following three levels are identified:
- Assessment of proposals of new Actions
- Monitoring of Actions in progress
- Evaluation of completed Actions.
Assessment, monitoring and evaluation activities are carried out by the Technical Committees (TC) in accordance with the mandates established by the Committee of Senior Officials (CSO) in their Terms of Reference. For Actions relevant to domains without Technical Committees these activities are carried out by "ad hoc" groups of experts appointed by the CSO. With this proviso, reference is made in the following to Technical Committees.
This document is provided as a general guideline. Although each TC may adapt it to the specific needs of its domain whenever necessary and appropriate, there are key elements which apply to all. The document has to be considered together with the following documents, which are relevant to all assessment, monitoring and evaluation activities:
- "Rules and procedures for implementing COST Actions" doc. COST 400/01
- "Guide for proposes of new COST Actions" doc. 401/01 replacing "Guide for drafting the Technical Annex describing a COST Action" doc. 10/10/95
Funding for the assessment, monitoring and evaluation of COST Actions will be provided from the budget of the relevant COST domain.
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber?Sign in now