Brussels, 24 Nov 2003
The European Commission and the Italian Presidency will host a plenary meeting of the Group on Earth Observations (GEO) on 28 and 29 November in Baveno, Italy.
The GEO working group was launched in July 2003, and is currently developing a ten year plan to set up a comprehensive Earth observation system.
Speakers at the event will include Research DG Director General Achilleas Mitsos and Conrad Lautenbacher, the US Under Secretary for Commerce for Oceans and Atmosphere. High level government representatives from Japan and South Africa will also participate.
For further information, please consult the following web address:
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber? Sign in now