Chancellor Gordon Brown this week opened a £34.7 million student residence at St Andrews University, which managers claim to be the most environmentally friendly in the country. The David Russell Apartments offer accommodation for 920 students. Outside term-time, the site will provide three-star accommodation for tourists and golfers. Green features include a rainwater recovery system, comprehensive recycling, thermal insulation and underfloor heating.
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber?Sign in now