Brussels, 17 December 2004
A draft decision for the authorisation of the placing on the market of the GM oilseed rape known as GT73 was presented to the regulatory Committee under Directive 2001/18 on the deliberate release of genetically modified organisms into the environment on 16 June 2004. The oilseed rape in question has been genetically modified for tolerance to the herbicide glyphosate, and it would be used for industrial processing and as animal feed. As the regulatory committee did not reach a qualified majority on the proposal, the Commission submitted a proposal for a Council Decision on 26 October. The Council may now act by qualified majority within three months. If the Council does not reach a position, the file comes back to the Commission for final adoption.
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber? Sign in now