The Scottish Funding Council has said it will commit up to £50 million towards the first phase of redeveloping the Glasgow School of Art campus and replacing three poor-quality buildings. The undertaking awaits further review, but the SFC has said it is prepared to agree support for future phases as well. The GSA's director, Seona Reid, said: "A world-class school needs a world-class estate and funding council support will ensure that we have one."
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber? Sign in now