Another momentous development on the vice-chancellor front.
University College London provost, Malcolm Grant, has promised to shave off his distinctive silver moustache for Comic Relief. UCL student union's Cheese Grater Magazine is this week conducting a fundraising campaign to raise Pounds 1,500 for the charity. If the funds are raised in time, the provost will shave off his moustache in public this Friday. Professor Grant has had his moustache since 1972, and apparently has a deep personal attachment to it.
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber? Sign in now