Brussels, 09 Dec 2004
The French Academy of Science and the Academy of Technologies are jointly organising a meeting entitled 'PhDs and employment', to take place in Paris on 15 December.
At the present time, the future is uncertain for French PhDs: more and more of them are considering developing their careers abroad, and young people are turning their backs on scientific studies on account of the experiences of the generation above them.
In an attempt to gain attention for this pressing issue, the meeting will analyse the various different dimensions of the problem through roundtables and in depth discussions. The debate will not be limited to the public sector, but will also seek to develop a dialogue with enterprises, particularly from the high tech sector.
For further information, please
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber? Sign in now