Brussels, 13 October 2006
TelAviv University is hosting a 1 day FP7 Financial Workshop for the Israeli Academia on 19 November 2006 at their Premises.
The workshop will be conducted by the Finance Helpdesk and will be geared towards Financial Issues of Academia and their specific problems, in particular the change from AC to FC.
The specific proposed topics to be covered are:
- Differences between FP6 and FP7
- Funding level of 75% for Universities and SMEs
- Models of overhead calculations (based on case studies) for Higher Educational Institute, faculty and project.
- The change from Flat rate overhead rate to actual overhead rate
- Personnel cost calculation - Charging for Permanent Members of Staff as well as "temporary staff"
- Time records and recording - the use of time-sheets and the allocation of working hours per work package and per activity,
- Employment issues calculation of hourly rate (including "maximum" rate calculations), "maximum" hourly rate, the charging of graduate students' fellowships (milgot & schar limud chinum).
- Inter-departmental/faculties/labs charges within EU projects (the conditions for charging costs of other departments within FP7 projects)
- Reconciliation of costs to accounting records for the organisation
- Detailed definitions (by example) of eligible costs - salary, subcontractors, materials, durable equipment, etc. Rules to define whether cost is eligible.
- Non-eligible direct costs
- Definition of indirect direct costs to be included in overheads and how they differ from direct costs.
- Required documentation for costs
- Preparation of Financial reports (Management reports - Form C in FP6) - and reconciliations to other reports
- Audit Certificates
- The Role of the coordinator
- Consortium agreements - in brief
For more information and registration, please contact your local Framework Program information contact within your institution.