Brussels, 17 Jan 2003
The Directorate General for Energy and Transport is organising an information day for the first call for proposals under the Sixth Framework Programme in the areas of sustainable energy systems and sustainable transport on 5 February in Brussels.
The event will deal specifically with the call for proposals in the areas of sustainable energy systems and sustainable transport, which were published on 17 December 2002.
The day will begin with an introductory overview concerning proposal submission, evaluation and the framework's new instruments, followed by parallel sessions which will cover the following areas:
- Sustainable energy systems: Short and medium term impact;
- Policy oriented research: The development of tools, indicators and operational parameters for assessing sustainable transport and energy systems performance;
- Cost-effective supply of renewable energies: Large-scale integration of renewable energy sources into energy supplies;
- Maritime navigation and information services: Maritime transport coordination platform;
- Alternative motor fuels;
- Sustainable surface transport: Accident analysis and injury analysis road infrastructure safety;
- Sustainable surface transport: Freight transport corridors and city logistics;
- Aeronautics and space programme.
Participants will have an opportunity to discuss these areas and an area will be available for making contacts with potential partners.
Participants are invited to register for this information day before 22 January.
To obtain a registration form and for further details about the event, please contact:
Fax: +32 2 295 4349