The Institute of Food Research will close its Reading site, with the loss of 60 staff. The institute will be consolidated at Norwich, where 100 jobs will be created. A spokeswoman for the Biotechnology and Biological Sciences Research Council said: "This exercise has not been driven by money, but by the need to have better facilities for multidisciplinary research."
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber?Sign in now