Brussels, 11 Jul 2005
The European Commission has published a call for proposals in the area of 'Food quality and safety' under the Sixth Framework Programme's (FP6) activity of the same name. This is one of the areas covered by the 'Integrating and strengthening the European Research Area' specific programme.
The call focuses on projects using the traditional FP6 instruments - specific targeted research projects (STREPs) and coordination actions (CAs). The areas covered by this call are:
- epidemiology of food-related diseases and allergies;
- impact of food on health;
- methods of analysis, detection and control;
- safer and environmentally friendly production methods and technologies and healthier foodstuffs; impact of animal feed on human health;
- environmental health risks.
The total indicative budget for this call is 34 million euro. To see the call text, please visit: http:///fp6.cordis.lu/fp6/ca ll_details.cf m?CALL_ID=216 Remarks: The deadline for submitting proposal documents is 5.10.2005.
Before contacting the Commission, proposers are strongly advised to consult the original call text in the Official Journal of the European Union at the reference below.