Brussels, 11 Jul 2005
The European Commission has published a call for proposals in the area of 'Food quality and safety' under the Sixth Framework Programme's (FP6) activity of the same name. This is one of the areas covered by the 'Integrating and strengthening the European Research Area' specific programme.
The call focuses on projects making use of the new instruments of FP6 - Integrated Projects (IP) and Networks of Excellence (NoE). The areas covered by this call are:
- total food chain;
- epidemiology of food-related diseases and allergies;
- impact of food on health;
- traceability processes along the food production chain;
- methods of analysis, detection and control;
- safer and environmentally friendly production methods and technologies and healthier foodstuffs;
- environmental health risks.
The total indicative budget for this call is 83 million euro. To see the call text, please visit: http:///fp6.cordis.lu/fp6/ca ll_details.cf m?CALL_ID=215 Remarks: The deadline for submitting proposal documents is 5.10.2005.
Before contacting the Commission, proposers are strongly advised to consult the original call text in the Official Journal of the European Union at the reference below.