How do you ensure that Education Secretary Charles Clarke turns up to your function and does what he's told? The British Council had the answer last week. The council invited its new chairman Neil Kinnock - Mr Clarke's old boss - to open its "Going Global" education conference, with the rotund minister taking the stage after him as his glamorous assistant.
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber?Sign in now