Brussels, 28 Jul 2003
The fifth EUROMECH solid mechanics conference will take place from 17 to 22 August in Thessaloniki, Greece.
EUROMECH, the European mechanics society, is an international non-governmental, non-profit scientific organisation, aimed at promoting in Europe the development of mechanics as a branch of science and engineering.
The aim of conference is to present the latest research in the following areas of mechanics:
- continuum mechanics: elasticity, plasticity, waves;
- structural mechanics: plates, shells, vibrations;
- experimental and computational mechanics;
- mechanics of materials: fracture, damage, composites;
- micromechanics and nanomechanics;
- geomechanics and biomechanics;
- manufacturing and contact mechanics;
- impact and penetration mechanics;
- nonlinear and probabilistic mechanics;
- smart materials and systems;
- dynamics and stability;
- optimisation and control.
For further information, please consult the following web address: