A Brazilian businessman who lost more than £13,000 cash told the student who returned it that he could have anything he wanted.
Ismael Joao da Silva found the money inside three envelopes on one of Sao Paulo's busiest streets. The 18-year-old identified the owner from the name and contact details of Felipe Saigh's company, which were printed on the envelopes.
A poll in the local Jornal da Tarde newspaper shows that a majority of readers think the teenager should ask for his college fees to be paid.
Mr Saigh agrees. He said: "That's what I have in mind - he should now choose a course."
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber? Sign in now