* The Committee of Scottish Higher Education Principals is seeking an initial Pounds 20 million in the first year from the Scottish executive to improve pay and conditions.
The committee estimates implementing Bett recommendations on pay and conditions will cost Pounds 160 million over three years. Staff recruitment and retention will account for about Pounds 60 million.
Universities and colleges aim to contribute from existing funds, but need extra for hiring and keeping high-calibre staff. Coshep is also bidding for another Pounds 20 million towards other Bett recommendations and Pounds 5 million to support wider access.
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber?Sign in now