Brussels, 05 Aug 2004
The European Science Foundation and the European Commission are organising a conference, 'Cellular and molecular basis of regeneration: Euro-conference on the molecular pathways leading to regeneration', to be held in San Feliu de Guixols, Spain, from 18 to 23 September.
The conference will focus on the following topics:
- basic mechanisms of epigenetic reprogramming
- embryonic stem cells
- somatic stem cells and mammalian tissue regeneration
- model organisms of epimorphic regeneration hydra, planaria, amphibia to consider the basic mechanisms underlying regeneration and how they can be applied towards mammalian tissue repair.
Furthermore, the conference will aim to answer questions such as:
- Can stem cells produce whole organs de novo?
- How can adult tissue be reprogrammed during epimorphic regeneration?
- How can organ morphogenesis and patterning be achieved during regeneration?
For more information on the conference, please go to:
http://www.esf.org/esf_euresco_home.php? language=0&section=2&activity=0& amp;domain=0