Brussels, 12 Mar 2003
A European conference on coastal zone research will take place from 24 to March in Gdansk, Poland.
The event is being organised by the EU project cluster on European land-ocean interaction studies (ELOISE), and aims to discuss national and international projects on coastal zone research.
In particular, the following themes will be addressed in parallel over three days:
- catchment and coastal zone interactions;
- biodiversity and ecosystem functioning;
- coastal morphology and global change impacts on the coast;
- valuing coastal zone systems;
- tools, techniques and applications in coastal zone assessment;
- biogeochemical cycling and fluxes.
The conference is being organised with the support of the European Commission, the Polish Ministry of Education and Sport, the Gdansk University of technology, and the Norwegian institute for air research (NILU).
//CPA For further information, please contact:
Ms Berit Modalen
Centre for ecological economics (NILU) P.O. box 100,
Tel: +47 63 89 80 71
Fax: +47 63 89 80 50