A new data resource on population figures from 51 developing countries has been set up by David Coleman of the department of applied social studies, University of Oxford, as part of the Economic and Social Research Council's Population and Household Change Research Programme. He said the rest of Europe is overtaking Britain in terms of ageing populations. Britons, once among the oldest populations in Europe, will soon be below average in Europe's geriatric league table.
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber?Sign in now