Brussels, 14 Nov 2003
The European Commission has published a call for proposals related to the 'EURATOM research and training programme on nuclear energy' under the Sixth Framework Programme's 'management of radioactive waste and radiation protection' and 'other activities in the field of nuclear technologies and safety' activities.
The areas covered by this call are:
- geological disposal (area 18.104.22.168-1 in the work programme);
- partitioning and transmutation and other concepts to produce less waste in nuclear energy generation (area 22.214.171.124-1 in the work programme);
- quantification of risks associated with low and protracted exposures (area 126.96.36.199-2 of the work programme);
- medical exposures and natural sources of radiation (area 188.8.131.52-1 of the work programme);
- protection of the environment and radioecology (area 184.108.40.206-1 of the work programme);
- risk and emergency management (area 220.127.116.11-1 of the work programme);
- protection in the workplace (area 18.104.22.168-1 of the work programme);
- innovative concepts (areas 22.214.171.124-1, 126.96.36.199-2, and 188.8.131.52-3 of the work programme);
- education and training (area 184.108.40.206-1 of the work programme);
- safety of existing installations (areas 220.127.116.11-1 and 18.104.22.168-2 of the work programme).
In specifying the instruments to be used in these areas, the call requests the use of Integrated Projects, coordination actions, and specific targeted research projects. Proposers are advised to consult the full call text at the address below in order to find out the particular instruments requested for each area.
The total indicative budget for this call is 61 million euro To see the call text, please visit: http:///fp6.cordis.lu/fp6/call_details.cf m?CALL_ID=98 Remarks: The deadline for submitting proposal documents is 14 April 2004.
Before contacting the Commission, proposers are strongly advised to consult the original call text in the Official Journal of the European Union at the reference below.