Brussels, 12 May 2004
A workshop on 'performance assessment of public research, technology and development programmes' will take place in Brussels, Belgium, on 17 and 18 June.
The event is being organised by the European Commission's Research DG, in collaboration with the Washington Research Evaluation Network (WREN) and the Office of Science at the US Department of Energy. It is intended to serve as a platform for the EU and US research communities to explore new approaches to improving the assessment of public research programmes' performance.
The workshop will address the following topics:
- impact of research on growth and innovation;
- exchange of data between nations in order to facilitate comparisons;
- value creation through research collaboration platforms and networks;
- US President's management agenda and the Federal Performance Assessment Rating Tool (PART);
- linking technical, socio-economic and investment objectives to research evaluation;
- science indicators and research methodological models.
For further information, please contact:
Tel: +32 2 401 6147