Brussels, 30 Sep 2005
The fifth European Space Agency (ESA) round table on micro/nano technologies for space will take place in Noordwijk, the Netherlands, from 3 to 5 October.
The main objectives of this event are to:
- increase contact between the space industry, decision makers and MNT players;
- strengthen the European MNT industry and research competitiveness;
- present future space programmes and projects that will fly MNT into space. Facilitate networking for early in-orbit demonstration;
- assess the state of the art in micro/nano-technologies for space, the maturity of the technology and its expected evolution;
- confirm the European space community's interest in emerging nanotechnologies;
- identify MNT domains where efforts are still required;
- introduce the various space agencies' achievements, objectives and programmes;
- strengthen cooperation efforts on MNT reliability, evaluation, standardisation and qualification.
For further information, please visit: