Brussels, 23 Oct 2003
The first international conference on environmentally compatible forest products will be held from 22 to 24 September 2004 in Oporto, Portugal.
This meeting aims to bring together scientists and industrialists working in the fields of forestry and the environment, and to present the latest research and innovations on the manufacture of wood products that have the least environmental impact, or that actually benefit the environment.
Topics for discussion include:
- adhesives from renewable resources;
- environmental impact of traditional preservatives;
- innovative methods for wood protection (chemical modification, biological methods, trapping, etc.);
- recycling of wood in general and recycling of preservative-treated wood;
- life-cycle assessment of wood products;
- new products and processes with low environmental impact.
The deadline for the submission of abstracts is 29 February 2004.
For further information, please consult the following web address: