Sir Brian Fender, chairman of commercialisation company BTG and former chief executive of the Higher Education Funding Council for England, is leading an initiative to formalise the knowledge-transfer profession with the establishment of an Institute for Knowledge Transfer.
The Association for University Research and Industry Links has submitted a proposal to the Department of Trade and Industry to create a body that will offer accredited training, professional development and qualifications on a par with those in the accountancy and legal sectors.
Universities UK, the DTI and the UK Patent Office are supporting the bid.
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber? Sign in now