The Bologna Process for unifying higher education across Europe will become a "white elephant" unless it results in academics finding it easier to move between European states to teach in different countries, Sally Hunt, University and College Union joint general secretary, told a conference on the initiative this week.
Academics and their trade unions needed to fully engage with the process for it to work properly, she added.
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber? Sign in now