Leeds University has announced that Russian and Slavonic studies lecturer Frank Ellis has taken early retirement. Dr Ellis was suspended on March 23 following remarks that the university considered unacceptably racist. Leeds agreed to pay him a year's salary and to make a contribution towards his legal costs.
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber?Sign in now