Durham University and the Roman Catholic Church are launching the first Centre for Catholic Studies at a secular university in the UK. The Durham Centre for Catholic Studies will also be home to the Bede chair of Catholic theology, the first chair of its kind at a secular institution. The chair and the centre's research and outreach work have been made possible by donations and funding that have so far totalled £2.1 million.
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber? Sign in now