Brussels, 25 November 2005
23 November 2005
NOTE To: CREST delegations
Subject: DRAFT SUMMARY CONCLUSIONS OF THE 304th MEETING OF THE SCIENTIFIC AND TECHNICAL RESEARCH COMMITTEE (CREST) HELD IN MANCHESTER ON 19/20 OCTOBER 2005
The meeting was chaired by Mr ESCRITT (Commission, DG Research, Director) and, as regards the meeting with the Directors General (item 6), by Mr STAN I (Commission DG Research, Deputy Director General).
1. ADOPTION OF THE DRAFT AGENDA
The Committee adopted the agenda as set out in communication CM 3575/05 of 12 October 2005.
2. APPROVAL OF THE DRAFT SUMMARY CONCLUSIONS OF THE 303rd MEETING OF 29 SEPTEMBER 2005
The Committee approved the summary conclusions from the last meeting as set out in doc.
CREST 1206/05 .
CREST 1207/05 AW/amr 2
3. INFORMATION FROM THE PRESIDENCY AND THE COMMISSION
a) Mr. IBBETT (UK Presidency) informed the Committee on:
- the outcome of the Council ("Competitiveness") on 11 October as regards the orientation debate on the proposal for the Seventh Framework programme (FP7) as well as on the aim of the Presidency to reach agreement on a "partial general approach" to FP7 at the Council of 28 November;
- research related Presidency conferences, including a Biosciences conference, held on 11 October, and the forthcoming Conference on research infrastructures in Europe on 6/7 December).
b) Mme DE LA TORRE (Commission services) informed the Committee on the following Commission activities:
- the adoption of the 2004 annual report on Community RTD activities, pursuant to Article 173 of the Treaty (doc. 13813/05 RECH 199 ATO 93);
- the on-going consultation regarding state aid for innovation, on the basis of a consultation document (doc. 12695/05 RC 6 COMPET 190 ECO 102) the closing date for views/observations being 11 November 2005; a further consultation document is envisaged on state aid for research and development. Pending the revision of the state aid regime, the current framework is prolonged until the end of 2006;
- the adoption of the communication on research and innovation (doc. 13606/05 ECOFIN 319 RECH 196 COMPET 220 SOC 406).
As Mr Pim FENGER (NL delegation) was attending his last CREST meeting, the Presidency and the Chairman acknowledged his important contribution to the work of CREST since 1992.
[Public Info Net automatically generates links to Council Register documents where an appropriately formatted document number is given. However, the document may not be available for public use and/or it may not be loaded on the Council Register yet.]