Brussels, 03 Jan 2002
Memorandum of Understanding
For the implementation of a European Concerted Research Action designated as
"Modelling and Simulation Tools for Research in Emerging Multi-service Telecommunications"
The Signatories to this Memorandum of Understanding, declaring their common intention to participate in the concerted Action referred to above and described in the Technical Annex to the Memorandum, have reached the following understanding:
1. The Action will be carried out in accordance with the provisions of document COST 400/01 "Rules and Procedures for Implementing COST Actions", the contents of which the Signatories are fully aware of.
2. The main objective of the Action is to enhance existing and develop new modelling and simulation tools for research in emerging Multi-service telecommunications networks in the areas of:
(a) Model performance improvement,
(b) Air and network interfaces for 3G and 4G mobile radio systems.
(c) Multilayer traffic modelling and analysis.
3. The economic dimension of the activities carried out under the Action has been estimated, on the basis of information available during the planning of the Action, at Euro 5.8 million in 2002 prices.
4. The Memorandum of Understanding will take effect on being signed by at least five Signatories.
5. The Memorandum of Understanding will remain in force for a period of four years, calculated from the date of first meeting of the Management Committee, unless the duration of the Action is modified according to the provisions of Chapter 6 of the document referred to in Point 1 above.