The Particle Physics and Astronomy Research Council has appointed Adrian Russell as the first director of the Edinburgh-based United Kingdom Astronomy Technology Centre.
The ATC's mission will be to act as the UK's national centre for the design and production of state-of-the-art astronomical instrumentation. Dr Russell is project manager of PPARC's Gemini eight-metre telescope programme.
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber?Sign in now