Take a second look at the portrait of higher education minister Tessa Blackstone hanging in the council rooms of Birkbeck College, London, where she was formerly master. Artist Peter Edwards has positioned the minister against an unusual fireplace backdrop. The effect is to suggest details not visible to the naked eye when observing the minister herself - horns emerging from either side of her head.
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber?Sign in now