Police have opened a criminal investigation into a hate-mail campaign against six academics at Anglia Polytechnic University's business school. Five senior staff and one former member of staff, who have all supported complaints over the appointment and performance of business school dean Hugh Jenkins's son Jonathan, were named in a desk-top published newsletter, which St Neots police confirmed makes a series of "grossly offensive" and untrue statements. The police have been advised by the Crown Prosecution Service that the letter breaches the Malicious Communications Act and is "a recordable offence".
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber?Sign in now